Monday, July 25, 2011

A Time to Celebrate!

To everything there is a season and
a purpose under Heaven.  Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
Saturday, I was able to throw a baby shower for one of the most incredible women I have ever known!  I have anxiously awaited the day we could celebrate in her honor and it was{for me, at least}...an absolute blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy with her husband, Austin at a Bulls game this past winter
You see, I have been truly blessed with good in-laws.   Each of them is special to me in their own way and I recognize that some people are(how should I put this???)...well...not as fond of their spouse's family!  I am very fortunate and I don't take that for granted.  Today, however, I am writing about my hubby's older sister...who is undoubtedly 
one of my best friends!

Amy and I at the baby shower she threw for me {Gavin} a few years ago
I did not have a sister growing up.  I had a few close cousins who were much like sisters...but no one to share shoes with, you know?  I consider it no coincidence that God gave me a sister-in-law with the same taste in clothing and the same shoe size.  Maybe that sounds silly to you.  To me, it is just another example of God's divine timing in our lives...because my sister-in-law is a truly special person.

"Aunt Amy" and Gavin always make a good team for board games!

Amy is the kind of woman that is loved by all!  She is compassionate, giving of herself, strong, and resilient!  So, while I do love to throw a good party...this shower was completely for her...her turn to be celebrated!!!

And boy...did we celebrate!  I am going to spread out the various details of this shower over a few posts.  Stay tuned and watch the party unfold!  Happy Monday, sweet readers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment