Monday, June 27, 2011

A Little Happy Along the Way

We're home from vacation!  We just spent a wonderful week in Gatlinburg, TN with my hubby's family.  Traveling is one of my favorite things about summer!   In the midst of tourism and
 sight-seeing, I made a few discoveries that I can't wait to share with you!


I can't believe
I went my whole life without indulging in this yummy frozen yogurt! 
Stop by
the next time you are in Pigeon Forge, TN or at any of the {many} other Tutti Frutti locations. 
You will be glad you did!
Delish...very delish!!!



Perhaps you've been to Tutti Frutti before...but it was a great discovery for me!  You simply grab a cup and choose from one of the many {ice-cream like} flavors.  Then the toppings....too many to choose just one.  To be honest, I had a hard time deciding and ended up with an unorthodox combination of toppings...and yes, I will be counting calories this week!  
 
The next discovery thrilled my soul to say the least!  We were staying in the Brentwood area of Nashville on the way home.  We decided to find a fun place for dinner when I spotted this adorable little shop that appeared to be right up my alley!  {It was!}

Let me just say...it was love at first sight!  IveyCake had the most stunning cupcakes I have ever seen in my life!  So much talent in the form of a cupcake!  BRILLIANT!!!  Who doesn't love a great cupcake?  Traveling through Brentwood or Franklin?  Stop by one of IveyCake's two locations!
The Cupcakes were adorable and had the cutest names!  I chose the "I Do" cupcake.  The {very kind} lady behind the counter said, "That's actually the cupcake Ivey made for Carrie Underwood's wedding!"  I was stunned!  I said, "Oh? She made the cupcakes for her wedding?"  The lady pointed me in the direction of the magazine article on the back wall  where I read that Ivey was actually a bridesmaid for Carrie Underwood and baked for her at the Ritz Carlton!!!!  WOW!  The cupcake tower was tall and gorgeous....and I was thrilled that I had ordered the cupcake designed for Carrie Underwood!  {I just love Carrie!} 

Have you ever seen cupcakes look so elegant and glamorous???   That's talent!


My yummy cupcake!  {It was actually prettier than this but I smudged it a bit
when I got it out of the little cupcake box...oops.}  Isn't is precious?
The rest of my fam got cupcakes, too!  Check out the hubby's cupcake.  He loves anything cookies 'n' cream flavored!  {It had an Oreo on top...but Bret didn't know I was going to need a pic for my blog!}  Ha, ha!

Gavin had a mini cupcake!  It was perfect for a little guy!

Of course, Kaden can't eat cupcakes yet...but he watched us longingly { as he really wants to eat table food.}  So, I let him hold the box...it was the least I could do.  That made his day!!!  Bless his little heart.  He was so happy!


Such fun findings, right?!  Of course, these two shops were just a small part of our vacation...but I won't go on and on about the rest.  I hope your summer travelings are adventurous, rejuvenating, and that you find a little happy along the way!  My husband's grandfather, a retired pastor and very wise man, gave us all this bit of advice for vacation {that I must share with you...}  "Enjoy life!"  Summer love to you all! Spread some joy today!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment